You'd think everyone would know this stuff, but... nope.
- Try to Spell It Right
- Don't Use A Fork To Smooth Out The Icing
I'm as surprised as anyone that didn't work.
- Do NOT Put Bloody Antlers On It
Believe you me, I know how tempting it is. But don't.
(And to everyone saying, "But, Jen, those are just on the groom's cake right NEXT to the wedding cake, NOT the wedding cake itself, which is totally different." - This is me, shaking my head at you.)
- Don't Tint The Water In The Little Fountain Under The Cake Yellow
'Cuz then you KNOW "urine trouble."
- Stop Putting Muddy Toy Trucks On Your Wedding Cake
- Try To Avoid Any Obvious Metaphors For Your New Life Together
- And finally, brides, please don't jam a life-sized plastic mannequin of yourself on the cake
It's creepy, and trust me, no one wants a visual of the bride squatting over dessert.
Thanks to Linda G., Kay S., Kristy H., Meghan M., Kelly B., Diana G., & Brenda T. for the following important reminder: