1) The Wreck MUST have been professionally made. That means someone somewhere actually paid for the cake. (We go by the theory that if you're paid to do it, you're a "professional".)
2) What NOT to send: excessively gory or obscene cakes (kitty-litter cakes included), or anything you were forwarded by e-mail (trust me: whatever it is, I've seen it).
3) If possible, rather than sending me a whole website link, pick some of your favorites and just send me the links to those.
4) I generally credit submitters by first name and last initial. If you don't want your name attached, be sure to mention that in the e-mail. If you do want you name attached, make sure your name is written somewhere in the e-mail.
5) Don't have a wreck, but just want to say "hi"? Please do! I absolutely LOVE hearing from all of you!
6) I've reached the point now where I can no longer answer every single e-mail. This is both good (lots of e-mails) and bad (no time to answer them all). So, if you're just submitting a cake photo, you may not hear back from me personally. Adjust your expectations accordingly.
7) Fellow bloggers: no need to ask my permission to link to Cake Wrecks; feel free. (And thanks for all the shout-outs!)